W.S. Hunts Transport recognises its responsibilities with regard to environmental protection, and recognises the need for company procedures and long-term strategy. All staff members are required to maintain the company’s environmental policy and are updated on any new considerations.
Where possible and practicable W.S. Hunts Transport will implement environmentally advantageous policies. In particular, the company will:-
- Only procure new vehicles that comply with the latest EC emission and noise specification
- Control, monitor and reduce the fuel consumption and emission levels of all vehicles. Give due consideration to alternative fuels
- Encourage all employees to have consideration for the environment.
- Ensure that vehicle weights remain within legal restrictions, limiting damage to highways and the environment.
- Encourage road safety and good driving practise by providing a high standard of training and monitoring.
- Encourage greater fuel economy, so reducing emission levels, by providing a high standard of driver training.
- Ensure that our service station carry out repairs and servicing in an environmentally considerate manner and ensuring that all waste vehicle oil disposal is carried out by a licensed operator specialising in waste oil disposal.
- Return all used tyre casings to the supplier for disposal in an approved and environmentally satisfactory manner.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that any hazardous goods carried are properly packaged in accordance with relevant national and international law.
- Recycle used paper and other material wherever it is possible and practicable to do so.
As they become known, the company will consider other environmentally advantageous practices, and take account of local authority and community representations.